Senior Facilities Manager
Job Id :
Job Title :
Senior Facilities Manager
Position Type :
£45,000 - £55,000
Other Benefits :
Full benefits package
Job Description : Apply
We have a great opportunity for a senior level Facilities Manager to work for a successful Construction Consultancy based in either London or Manchester
You will provide professional technical advice in delivering a range of Facilities Management commissions, in order to create value for their clients, through the application of knowledge and techniques to meet the client’s objectives and improve FM performance.
This is to be achieved through the provision and implementation of objective advice, delivered to time and quality within the constraints of fee proposals, whilst minimising the exposure to risk.
Our Client’s consultancy commissions include, but are not limited to FM Strategic reviews, PFI/PPP Support, FM Procurement, FM Benchmarking, Whole life and Lifecycle Costing.
* On occasion, to lead other consultants in the delivery of their FM consultancy commissions.
* To assist with coaching all consultants in all aspects of their role both internal and within individual client commissions (where applicable).
* To assist the Management team in resource planning, helping to ascertain and set priorities across all internal commissions.
Commission & General Responsibilities
* To work on (and on occasion manage) a range of client commissions as required by the needs of the business at any one point in time.
* To produce and/or assist with the preparation of fee proposal submissions in response to tender requests.
* To work with commission leaders to ensure that all commission outputs are delivered to the client on time and to the required quality, and that client expectations are managed throughout the commission lifecycle.
* To identify and provide early warning to commission or line managers as to any difficulties in meeting agreed internal or external deadlines for delivery of any advice or other documentation.
* To ensure that all quality assurance procedures are adhered to at all times, including strict adherence to all financial procedures in all circumstances.
* To ensure that all work carried out on a commission is in line with the commission fee proposal, including the hours worked on any sub-element of the commission. Where there is any variance to the commission proposal, this is to be raised as early as possible to either the commission or line manager.
* To assist in maximising commission profitability through the use of the most productive methods of working, using standard templates where appropriate.
* To ensure that all hours worked are booked correctly against relevant commissions in SAP in accordance with the timesheet procedures.
* To inform line management of any opportunities that may arise for future / extension of commission work, resulting from day to day activities within the role and existing commissions.
* To inform line management of any risks to the business in terms of credibility or liability as soon as they become apparent.
* To collate the requirements of their clients using a variety of methods including interviews and workshops in order to determine the scope of commissions.
* To stay ahead of the curve of Facilities Management Industry guidelines and best practice so as to ensure that their clients are always presented with market leading options.
* To be proactive in identifying where standard forms, templates, processes can be improved upon, and raising these through the appropriate channels.
* Reporting of any suspicious business transactions or activities, which may compromise the company.
Relationships & Contacts
* Working with all members of the FM team across regional offices and commissions at all levels.
* Working with other members of staff from other business teams, providing technical FM advice.
* Working with client representatives at all levels (including board level) to deliver the requirements of the FM consultancy commissions.
* Working with FM service providers through a range of commission types including FM procurement, strategic reviews and audits.
* Liaising with Industry bodies with regard to best practice, training & development.